Samsung has taken a strong stance on security by offering an extended support of security updates for its smartphones.
All Galaxy phones from the Z, S, Note, A, M, XCover and Tab series, launched since 2019 will receive at least four years of security updates, the smart device giant said.
At the time of going to press the list include more than 130 models.
The company said the updates are strictly security related and not major operating system updates.
Samsung recently promised 3 generations of Android OS updates for its flagships, but that is a separate thing altogether from this four-year security updates.
The company said the security updates can be quarterly or monthly and they can take longer to get to a specific device, depending on its location or carrier.
Here’s the full list of devices that are eligible for at least 3 years of security updates, and this excluded the Galaxy A02 but includes the Galaxy A02s, and both the the Galaxy M02 and M02s are also not on the list, so it is not clear if they are among the supported devices.
- Galaxy Foldable devices: Fold, Fold 5G, Z Fold2, Z Fold2 5G, Z Flip, Z Flip 5G
- Galaxy S series: S10, S10+, S10e, S10 5G, S10 Lite, S20, S20 5G, S20+, S20+ 5G, S20 Ultra, S20 Ultra 5G, S20 FE, S20 FE 5G, S21 5G, S21+ 5G, S21 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy Note series: Note10, Note10 5G, Note10+, Note10+ 5G, Note10 Lite, Note20, Note20 5G, Note20 Ultra, Note20 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy A series: Galaxy A series: A10, A10e, A10s, A20, A20s, A30, A30s, A40, A50, A50s, A60, A70, A70s, A80, A90 5G, A11, A21, A21s, A31, A41, A51, A51 5G, A71, A71 5G, A02s, A12, A32 5G, A42 5G
- Galaxy M series: M10s, M20, M30, M30s, M40, M11, M12, M21, M31, M31s, M51
- Galaxy XCover series: XCover4s, XCover FieldPro, XCover Pro
- Galaxy Tab series: Tab Active Pro, Tab Active3, Tab A 8 (2019), Tab A with S Pen, Tab A 8.4 (2020), Tab A7, Tab S5e, Tab S6, Tab S6 5G, Tab S6 Lite, Tab S7, Tab S7+